Lyrica For Fibromyalgia Pain Relief Approved By FDA
Disclosure: We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post via affiliate links to products associated with content in this article.
Drug For Fibromyalgia Pain Relief
Lyrica (pregabalin) is an FDA-approved drug For Fibromyalgia Pain Relief. Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder thatcauses long-term, worldwide muscle pain and tenderness, trouble sleeping, and overwhelming tiredness. this drug is not an antidepressant.The medicine has long been used to reduce nerve pain in patients with shingles and diabetic neuropathy. It is also used to treat partial seizures.
How Does Lyrica Work for Fibromyalgia Pain Relief? Fibromyalgia pain is consider to be brought on by nerve related changes which cause nerve cells to fire off too many signals. This renders a person overly sensitive to stimuli that are normally not painful.Scientists aren’t exactly sure how Lyrica improves symptoms and For Fibromyalgia Pain Relief. but laboratory research suggests Lyrica helps decrease the number of nerve signal and as a result calms down overly sensitive nerve cells. This appears to alleviate pain in patients with Fibromyalgia.
How Do You Take Lyrica for Fibromyalgia Pain Relief?When used for fibromyalgia, Lyrica is a capsule that is usually taken in divided doses twice a day. Doses range from 150 milligrams to 450 milligrams a day. Your doctor will determine the best dose for you. If you miss taking one capsule, you should take it as soon as possible — unless it is close to the time when you are supposed to take the next one. Never take two or more at the same time.You should not suddenly stop taking this medicine. Doing so can give you a headache, upset stomach, diarrhea, and sleeping difficulties. If you wish or need to stop taking the medicine, your doctor will tell you how to slowly reduce your dose over time.
The Benefits of Lyrica: Lyrica can quickly reduce pain and for Fibromyalgia Pain Relief, improve sleep, and help some people with fibromyalgia function better and get back to their daily routines. In studies, some patients reported significantly less pain after taking Lyrica for only one week. Lyrica, however, may not help everyone with fibromyalgia.
Before You Take Lyrica for Fibromyalgia Pain Relief: Always make sure your doctor knows about all the other medications you are taking. This includes over-the-counter drugs, as well as herbs and supplements. Some prescription medicines may interact with Lyrica and may lead to dangerous side effects. Such drugs include:
1. Blood pressure medicines called ACE inhibitors; taking Lyrica with these medicines increases your chance for swelling and hives.
2. Diabetes medicines Avandia (rosiglitazone) or Actos (pioglitazone); if you take these drugs with this drug, you may have a higher risk for swelling or weight gain.
3. Narcotic pain medicines (such as oxycodone), anxiety medicines (such as lorazepam), and tranquilizers; combining these drugs with this drug increases your chances for dizziness and sleepiness.
4. Sleep medicines make you nod off, and Lyrica can cause drowsiness. Combining the two can be dangerous.
Do not drink alcohol when on Lyrica. Doing so can increase Lyrica’s side effects and make you dangerously sleepy.
Also tell your doctor if you have any other medical conditions, including:
1. Bleeding disorders or low platelet counts
2. Heart problems
3. Kidney problems or if you receive kidney dialysis (a lower dose of Lyrica is needed if you have kidney problems)